Friday, November 2, 2007

1996 Grand Cherokee








Well I guess I will start with what has gone on this year. In March I purchase a 1996 ZJ Grand Cherokee, my husband sold his Chevy truck that was lifted 6”, what a sweetie and I sold the mini van for the Grand. First we put the rear bumper and swing-out tire carrier and 2 x 4 rock bars. Next we wanted to do a new Winch bumper. The guys did a great job. Nice clean fit and easy install. Then the lift. We have a 4.25 that we put on plus a spacer in front and rear. This caused some drive line mod, but that was OK because I wanted to run at least 33's. I'm very happy with it. It's my daily driver and is great on the highway. I drove all the way to Moab pulling a trailer with all of our show display and had no problems. Dave was having problems keeping up with me. One thing I have learned is when going off road at all DISCONNECT front sway bar. Yes the rear bumper is sought. This summer we filled a trailer full of wood ( 1 cord ) and pulled it down the mountain. It did all kinds of twisting and turning with the load on it and no problems. Dave laughs at me because know I fill I have a way to haul anything I want with my Jeep.











No comments: